Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Japanese dishes!

Japanese gathering last Thursday!
We were all desperately in need of some Japaneseness because of midterms.. 
We made curry and attempted tamagoyaki. We also h
ad omame and dunkin donuts, regular tofu, warm tofu with miso or something from the dining.
Since we didn't go shopping beforehand, we used food from the salad bar. Onions, carrot sticks, broccoli and raisin for curry. Because we didn't cook the curry for a long time, I didn't think that the vegetables were going to be soft enough, but they turned out nice and soft! And it was my first time putting raisin in it, and it was pretty good! and I love broccoli. Good team work!


And I tried making tamago yaki but didn't work out... so changed my plan and made Korean-ish style scrambled egg. I used dozen eggs in total. Mixed the eggs with torigara no moto and soy sauce. Egg dishes are the most difficult ones to make.. I think. 
We enjoyed our meal! Japanese food is the besttttt!