Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Moqueca

In Inman Square. It's location had changed, but it wasn't too far away from its original store. The first time I went was for my half anniversary with my boyfriend.

Mango Nana - Mango, Pineapple, Banana & Orange Juice
Fried Yucca With a delicious, secret sauce created by our chef
Coconut Shrimp
Fish Moqueca
Cod Capixaba - Salted cod with hard boiled eggs, plantain & coconut milk.
Feijoada Completa - Brazilian national dish. Black beans stew with fresh & dried meat, pork, sausage & bacon. Served with collard greens, fried plantain, farofa & orange.

Their rice is delicious. I absolutely love it.
I think that they put olive oil and salt when they make it (perhaps it includes garlic, too).
It reminds me of the time I took international cooking class in high school, and a Brazilian friend steamed rice using a pot, putting olive oil and salt in it. Simple and easy.

I searched up and Moqueca is a seafood stew (though vegetarian option was available) that has fish, onions, garlic, tomatoes, cilantro, and additional ingredients. It's absolutely delicious.

Saw the same waiter again. He was friendlier last time.
Although we sat down around 115, the place started getting crowded around 2pm. The service was a bit slow today, but maybe that's because it's restaurant is now three times as big as the old one (I don't know when they moved, though).

I'm glad that their business is doing well. My boyfriend and I want to go back there again to eat Brazilian crab cake, and I really want to eat their flan, but I'm always full when I finish my meal here!