Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Radius

Last of Winter 2010 Boston Restaurant Week.

We had our reservation at 8:30 but arrived an hour early, but they let us sit at the bar and we had drinks and munchies (vegetable tempura, which was very good. Carrots, green string beans, zucchini (all delicious) with their original ponzu with yuzu sauce).

Excellent service, though the food was coming out really slowly. The waiters and the servers did a wonderful job keeping us company, though.

Dinner pricing is 33.10

First Course:

Cauliflower Soup
-crispy duck, brioche croutons and romanesco

I really enjoyed the soup. It was warm and the cauliflower taste was great. I don't remember much of the duck, though, but it was amazing.

Arugula and Kohlrabi Salad
-spiced cherries and roasted shallot-yuzu vinaigrette


Main Course (choice of one)

Slow Roasted Pork Loin
-molten polenta, wild mushrooms and star anise jus

Lightly Seared Salmon
-warm lentil salad, local braising greens and cumin vinaigrette

Really good salmon! The lentil was normal, but the braising greens was delicious. I probably enjoyed that green the most out of all the ingredients for this meal. Good outer layer of Salmon.

Crispy Tofu
-soba noodle and seaweed salad, pickled daikon, spicy pineapple
and shiso puree
My boyfriend and his friends had this. The soba noodle was green (I'm assuming seaweed was put into the buckwheat?). The daikon nor the spicy pineapple and shisho puree were not the emphasis of the meal, I thought.

Dessert (choice of one)

Butterscotch Panna Cotta
-strawberry mint compote

Really good. Definitely better than the carrot cake I had. It was really really good.. I didn't have the mint compote, but the panna cotta was real good.

Spiced Carrot Cake
-cream cheese frosting, mascarpone, spiced raisins
and pickled walnuts

I had this one, but it was okay. The spiced carrot puree? was sour and interesting... Mascarpone was the best part. The spiced raisins (regular raisin and golden raisin) and pickled walnuts were interesting, as well.

The menu had some additional parts to it, too. My boyfriend and his friends ordered dishes off the menu like tuna tar tar and sweetbread -- they seemed to have enjoyed it.

I'd say overall, it was a bit salty. but suited my taste.

Our waiter said that the menu changes every three months or so. The chef, Michael Schlow, is a really good friend of the Oishii chef, so he's got some Japanese influence.

I would give a high rating. Definitely worth the Restaurant Week price.